2022 has began with a brand new COVID surge – Omicron! As you’ve probably heard, this new variant is very contagious, so we’re asking everybody to be further cautious. There are some straightforward steps you may take to scale back your threat…
Assist stop the unfold of Omicron
- Put on a masks. In lots of locations, masks are not obligatory, however that is nonetheless the best strategy to defend your self and others – regardless if you’re vaccinated or not. The CDC continues to advocate carrying a masks in public indoor settings in areas of considerable or excessive group transmission, no matter vaccination standing.
- Keep bodily distance. Not essentially what you wish to hear, however by persevering with to follow social distancing might help preserve you secure. Which means should you’re consuming out, exchange your masks instantly after consuming or consuming.
- Get the vaccine and booster. When you’ve got not already, please take into account receiving the COVID-19 vaccine and booster. Discover a COVID-19 Group Vaccine Location close to you.
- Work Remotely or Use Zoom. In the event you lastly made it again to the workplace, you may wish to restage your own home workplace. If attainable, ask your employer should you can do business from home and attempt to conduct any conferences just about.
- Proceed hand hygiene. Not the one answer, however correct use of hand sanitizer and handwashing helps preserve germs at bay.
Have COVID Signs…
At the beginning, DO NOT go to an emergency room to easily receive a check if in case you have gentle or no signs. Emergency rooms are for the significantly ailing or folks needing fast medical consideration. You SHOULD go to the emergency room if in case you have warning indicators equivalent to hassle respiration; persistent ache or stress within the chest; new confusion or incapacity to wake or keep awake.
- In the event you develop signs, get a check and keep residence. Yow will discover testing websites at ldh.la.gov/covidtesting or you may name 211 to discover a website close to you.
- Inform your shut contacts that they might have been uncovered to COVID-19.
- Keep residence. Most individuals with COVID-19 have gentle sickness and might get well at residence with out medical care. Don’t depart your own home for at the least 5 days, besides to get medical care. In case you are fever free and you haven’t any signs or your signs are resolving, it’s possible you’ll depart residence after 5 days, however you could put on a well-fitting masks when round others for a further 5 days.
- Keep in contact together with your physician. Older sufferers and people who’ve underlying medical circumstances or are immunocompromised ought to contact their doctor early in the midst of even gentle sickness.
Uncovered to somebody with COVID-19…
You bought the decision…somebody you frolicked with now has COVID. Nice, however what does that imply for you? In a nutshell, the Louisiana Division of Well being (LDH) recommends that should you’ve been vaccinated or boosted inside the final 6 months, you do not want to remain residence, however you need to:
- Put on a masks round others for 10 days.
- Check on day 5, if attainable. In the event you check optimistic, see above directions.
Thanks for serving to to maintain one another secure.